Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification will take you on a hands-on learning journey that will help you develop the skills you need to create and implement actionable plans that can help your organization serve customers effectively and efficiently.
The course sets out with an understanding of the fundamental principles of the Lean and Six Sigma, tools and techniques and the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) process improvement roadmap. It focuses on how to collaborate to identify process waste, solve problems, manage change and implement significant and sustainable results.
By elevating your problem solving and analytical skills, you will return to work, able to develop and support a continuous improvement culture within your organization. A culture that is capable of confidently creating and sustaining innovative efforts.
How you benefit:
- Learn how to lead process improvement projects using Lean Six Sigma principles and toolkit using the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) methodology
- Equipped to deliver customer satisfaction, business efficiency, on time and on quality productivity improvements in any organizational context
- Roadmaps for performance-oriented results: Access resources for creating vision and setting direction to guide individuals, teams and organizations to create a continuous improvement culture that is capable of confidently creating and sustaining improvement efforts
- Facilitate good decision making through the use of statistical data driven tools and techniques
- Acquire the mindset and skills to collaborate with others to identify waste, solve problems, manage change and implement significant and sustainable process improvements
- Return to work able to develop and support a continuous improvement culture within your organization
Green Belt Training and Certification is designed for team members, supervisors, project manager’s, functional and technical experts, consultants, senior executives from a wide variety of manufacturing, service and transactional organizations;
- Seeking to learn new problem solving approaches to develop and integrate cutting-edge best practices into their business processes and organizational culture.
- Participants coming in groups/teams to collaborate on Action Learning Project tailored to their organization’s context.
Interest in developing practitioner level continuous improvement skills
Exam and Certification
Online Exam: 30 questions
Duration: 40 min.
Pass mark: 70%
Achieve 70% pass mark in the Yellow Belt multiple choice final exam
Imagine an online classroom that takes you inside successful organizations, surrounds you with top Lean Six Sigma experts and puts innovative learning tools at your fingertips. Game Change has developed a unique online learning platform to help continuous improvement professionals integrate Lean and Six Sigma thinking with their business thinking for successful innovative problem-solving.
Our platform provides a single source for all materials and communications related to your studies, making it quick and easy to manage your learning. It has many features which provide a world-class learning experience:
- Course and module updates through our activity feed, which highlight important news, events, and current affairs related to your modules
- An intuitive user interface to keep track of your progress and important deadlines
- 24/7 access to all programme materials, on any device
- Notifications to ensure you don’t miss any critical updates
- Collaborative exercises to build an online community
- Messaging tools and discussion boards to connect you with your peers and tutors
- An interactive video player with transcripts and speed controls
Learn at your own pace and spend as long as you need on challenging topics before moving on.
Our bespoke learning platform, the Bootcamp, houses and supports the learning experience. This platform was developed from the ground up to provide learners with an interactive, engaging, and flexible learning environment which is accessible on any device, at any time. It comes with messaging tools and discussion boards to connect you with your peers and tutors, so you can be sure there will always be someone to talk to if you need help during and after your training is complete.
Join a community of continuous improvement professionals who will support you during and long after the course is over.
Developing the online Bootcamp learning platform in-house has allowed us to create an online learning experience tailored for individuals who have to balance high-pressure professional commitments alongside a rigorous learning programme.
Curriculum and Course Format
1.0 INTRODUCTION TO LEAN SIX SIGMA
Understand the value of lean and six sigma, its philosophy, history and goals and the rationale for combining the lean and six sigma approaches to apply to improvement projects.
Understand lean six sigma principles and foundation and the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) process management roadmap.
Understand how non-value add activities and process inputs and outputs impact the larger organization.
1.01 Six Sigma DMAIC Overview
1.02 Process Variation
1.03 Six Sigma and Organizational Goals
1.04 The DMAIC Process Management Roadmap
1.05 Belt Structure for Skills Development
1.06 Summary – Six Sigma DMAIC Overview
1.07 Introduction to Lean
1.08 The Origin of Lean
1.09 Foundations of Lean
1.10 Value-add and Non-value-add Activities
1.11 Lean Mindset and Thinking
1.12 Summary – Introduction to Lean
1.13 Integration of Lean and Six Sigma to drive On- Time, On-Quality and On Cost performance
Define the scope and goals of the improvement project in terms of customer and/or business requirements, the process that delivers these requirements and stakeholder needs.
2.01 Overview – Define Phase
2.02 Problem Definition and Project Charter
2.03 Define the Process – SIPOC Thinking
2.04 Understand Voice of Customer (VOC)
2.05 Customer Identification
2.06 Gather Customer Feedback
2.07 Analyze VOC Data
2.08 Define What is Critical to Quality (CTQ)
2.09 Summary – Understand Voice of Customer (VOC)
2.10 Stakeholder Analysis
2.11 Summary – Define Phase
Map the process and measure, understand and baseline the current process performance and capability through a set of relevant and robust measures.
Calculate process performance metrics such as defects per unit (DPU), rolled throughput yield (RTY), cost of poor quality (COPQ), defects per million opportunities (DPMO) sigma levels and process capability indices.
3.01 Overview – Measure Phase
3.02 Process Analysis
3.03 Collecting and Summarizing Data
3.04 Types of Data and Measurement Scales
3.05 Evaluating Metrics
3.06 Data Collection Methods
3.07 Sampling Methods
3.08 Descriptive Statistics
3.09 Graphical Techniques
3.10 Summary – Collecting and Summarizing Data
3.11 Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
3.12 Process Capability
3.13 Process Capability Indices
3.14 Process Performance Indices
3.15 Short-term and Long-term Capability
3.16 Process Capability for Attribute data
3.17 Process Performance vs. Specification
3.18 Summary – Process Capability
3.19 Summary – Measure Phase
Analyze the gap between the current and desired performance, prioritise problems, process risk and identify root causes and understand / statistically verify their effect on process performance.
4.01 Overview – Analyze Phase
4.02 Sources of Process Variation
4.03 Cause and Effect Analysis
4.04 Process Waste Analysis
4.05 Takt Time and Bottleneck Analysis
4.06 Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
4.07 Measuring and Modeling Variable Relationships
4.08 Input and Output Variables
4.11 Summary – Measuring and Modeling Variable Relationships
4.12 Summary – Analyze Phase
Generate, select and implement improvement solutions to fix the problems and prevent them from re-occurring so that the required performance goals are met.
Use concepts such as value chain, flow, pull, perfection, etc., and tools commonly used to eliminate waste, including kaizen, 5S, A3 problem solving, morning meetings etc.
5.01 Overview – Improve Phase
5.02 Generate Potential Solutions
5.03 Select the Best Solutions
5.04 Process Waste Elimination
5.05 Cycle Time Reduction
5.06 Implementation Planning
5.07 Dealing with Resistance to Change
5.08 Summary – Improve Phase
Implement the improved process / solutions in a way that sustains and “holds the gains “and the process has robust control measures and a response plan.
The objectives and benefits of statistical process control (SPC) to track process performance and identify special and common causes.
6.01 Overview – Control Phase
6.02 Sustain the Gains
6.04 Monitor Performance
6.05 Lessons Learned
6.06 Visual Management
6.07 Statistical Process Control (SPC)
6.08 How to close a project
6.09 Summary – Control Phase
Quizzes Segmented and embedded during and at the end of each DMAIC Phase
Final Exam Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Total Estimated Time to Complete Green Belt Training & Certification:
- 34 hours self-paced elearning with Integrated Roadmaps and Quizzes (12 month access)
- 12 month free access to Green Belt Bootcamp Learning Platform, Toolkit, Case Studies and Downloadable Resources
- Green Belt Online Exam and Electronic Certificate
- Unlimited Practice Exams and Re-sits free of charge
- Email Tutor support via discussion groups
£ 995 (excluding VAT)