Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training and Certification equips you with “Advanced Practitioner Level” perspectives and skills in process variability reduction (DMAIC), process waste reduction (LEAN) and a comprehensive toolkit to plan and lead change in your organization.
This course builds upon your Green Belt knowledge to expand your Lean Six Sigma expertise, strengthen your knowledge and skill sets, and gives you the confidence you need to take that next step as a continuous improvement professional and return back to your organization with a greater level of analytical, project implementation and change leadership skills.
You walk away with the learning and the know-how. This means not just focus on the “what” to do but the “how” to do it, with greater emphasis on typical project barriers and “hints” and “tips” on “how” to overcome using case studies and compelling best practices as part of the learning experience.
Participants have the option to complete an Action Learning Project for their organization during the course to help develop a practical understanding of the tools and techniques learned and the ability to understand the big picture and manage the needs of different stakeholders.
How you benefit:
• Sustain actionable knowledge. Harness information you already have into a solid understanding of how to build sustainable processes and structures to enhance your organization’s capability.
• More competent as a manager. Become a more competent and confident manager with new insights, knowledge and skills.
• Elevate key skills in change leadership, analyzing data and decision making to take on greater responsibility to pinpoint and manage performance shortfalls
• Insights on where to focus attention to influence change in your organization and how to identify, scope and charter continuous improvement projects
• Master the skills you need to combine statistical and quantitative methods with the interpersonal skills required to influence, inform and drive change
• Develop coaching skills to guide team members and advise management during Lean Six Sigma implementation.
• Action Learning Project (optional) to apply the learning in your personal or your organization’s context
Black Belt Training and Certification is designed for Certified Green Belt’s from a wide variety of manufacturing, service and transactional organizations either currently involved with, or who aspire to, or have recently gained continuous improvement responsibilities;
- Seeking to develop in-depth knowledge and analytical skills in process variability reduction (DMAIC) and process waste reduction (Lean)
- Who want to strengthen their ability to lead change and enhance their organization’s continuous improvement capability
- Participants coming in groups/teams to collaborate on an Action Learning project tailored to their organization’s context.
Green Belt Certification
Exam and Certification
Exam: 50 Questions
Duration: 70 min.
Pass Mark: 70%
Achieve 70% pass mark in the Yellow Belt multiple choice final exam
Participants commit to a series of 8 hour days of intense face-to-face Accelerated learning. The training is practical, precise with no corners cut. Don’t expect an easy ride, you are there to learn and learn you will. We offer action-oriented, interactive courses, packed with examples, case studies and compelling best practices as part of the learning experience. Each course is designed to give participants the level of knowledge, skills and attitude to make a real difference at their workplace.
Our typical training class includes a mix of international participants from a wide variety of industries who bring their experiences to the classroom for in-depth and stimulating learning sessions with fellow participants and instructor’s, so you will take a collaborative approach to the subject matter.
Many of today’s leading organizations and educational institutions are benefiting from the power of Accelerated Learning. Game Change has pioneered and delivered this teaching and learning method for Lean Six Sigma face-to-face training. What makes Accelerated Learning so effective is that it’s based on the way we all naturally learn.
People learn best in context. Facts and skills learned in isolation are hard to absorb and quick to evaporate. The best learning comes from doing the work itself in a continual process of “real-world” immersion, feedback, reflection, evaluation and re-immersion.
Gain insight from world-class Master Black Belt Instructor’s and points of view from people who have faced the real world scenarios in managing the change resistance and barriers to implementation. Expert’s who practice what they preach and believe in their ability to demonstrate the “How” as well as the “What” to do, including compelling best practices and benchmarking opportunities as part of the learning experience.
Case studies and group tutorials conducted during the classroom sessions are designed to ensure you gain a practical understanding of systematically selecting and applying appropriate methods and tools.
The learning outcomes are individually assessed through the final exam on the on the last day of the course.
Our platform provides a single source for all materials and communications related to your studies, making it quick and easy to manage your learning. It has many features which provide a world-class learning experience:
- Course and module updates through our activity feed, which highlight important news, events, and current affairs related to your modules
- An intuitive user interface to keep track of your progress and important deadlines
- 24/7 access to all programme materials, on any device
- Notifications to ensure you don’t miss any critical updates
- Collaborative exercises to build an online community
- Messaging tools and discussion boards to connect you with your peers and tutors
- An interactive video player with transcripts and speed controls
Curriculum and Course Format
Understand how lean and six sigma tools are applied to improve all types of processes in all types of enterprises: manufacturing, service, transactional, product and process design, innovation, etc.
Recognize key drivers for business (profit, market share, customer satisfaction, efficiency, product differentiation) and how key metrics and scorecards are developed and impact the entire organization.
1.1 Green Belt Refresher Training
1.2 Finding and Solving Problems in your Organisation
Define the scope and goals of the improvement project in terms of customer and/or business requirements, the process that delivers these requirements and stakeholder needs
Calculate and interpret measures of dispersion and central tendency and construct and interpret frequency distributions.
Define and apply the concepts related to sampling (e.g., representative selection, homogeneity, bias, etc.) and select and use appropriate sampling methods (e.g., random sampling, stratified sampling, systematic sampling, etc.) that ensure the integrity of data. data.
Use various analytical methods (e.g., repeatability and reproducibility (R&R), correlation, bias, linearity, precision to tolerance, percent agreement, etc.) to analyze and interpret measurement system capability for variable and attribute measurement systems. Map the process and measure, understand and baseline the current process performance and capability through a set of relevant and robust measures.
Calculate process performance metrics such as defects per unit (DPU), rolled throughput yield (RTY), cost of poor quality (COPQ), defects per million opportunities (DPMO) sigma levels and process capability indices.
Drawing valid statistical conclusions by distinguishing between descriptive and inferential studies and population and sample statistics.
Measuring and modelling relationships between variables to set-up and run hypothesis tests and correlation and regression analysis.
Apply divergent thinking by using creativity techniques to identify innovative solutions.
Use various tools and techniques for reducing cycle time, including continuous flow, single-minute exchange of die (SMED), etc.
How to make data driven project decisions Build High Performing Teams for project success How to Manage Resistance to Change
Application of Six Sigma Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Methodology to drive growth through innovation. Application of statistical process control (SPC) including control chart selection for monitoring and controlling process performance, tracking trends, runs and identifying special and common causes using rules for determining statistical control. Develop a Control Plan to emmbed Process Management principles
Quizzes Segmented and embedded during and at the end of each DMAIC Phase
Final Exam Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Next Course Dates
Face-to-Face Classroom Training 5 Day x 8 Hours
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom
Course Starting in August
15 Aug 2022
19 Aug 2022
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Course Starting in November
21 Nov 2022
25 Nov 2022
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom
Course Starting in December
12 Dec 2022
16 Dec 2022
Classroom training sessions take place in-person between 09:00 to 17:00 BST / 08.00 to 16:00 UTC
Estimated time to complete
Course Fee (excluding VAT)
- 5 days classroom training
- Lunch and refreshments for the course duration
- Printed and eLearning course modules (12 month access)
- 12 month free access to Black Belt Bootcamp Learning Platform, Toolkit, Case Studies and Downloadable Resources
- Black Belt Online Exam and Electronic Certificate
- Unlimited Practice Exams and Re-sits free of charge
- Email Tutor support via discussion groups